Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheesy avocado egg breakfast burrito




I love the combination of egg, cheese, and tomato on a hot breakfast sandwich. I was craving quesodillas the other night so I went out and bought some whole wheat tortillas. What I came up this morning was delicious, healthy, and super simple to make.

Easy guacamole 
1 avocado
1/2 lime
pinch of salt to taste
handful of grape tomatoes

Ingredients (for 2 burritos)
3 eggs
shredded cheese
2 tortillas
1 chicken apple sausage (costco)

I diced the tomatoes and mixed it together with the avocado, lime juice, and salt to make the guacamole. Next, I heated up my frying pan and slightly warmed the 2 tortillas up. After dicing the sausage, I added a bit of olive oil onto the pan and panfried the sausage bits until slightly brown. Crack eggs onto the pan and scramble. When the eggs are almost done, I separated it into two equal portions and sprinkled cheese on top. To assemble, scoop half of the eggs onto the tortilla and top it with half of the avocado mixture. Enjoy with ketchup and Tapatio.

Voila! Super easy, delicious, and nutritious! My mom's a pretty harsh critic and even she was wowed by these. She even gave me the biggest completment because she said my dad would love these (he's tougher critic than she is).

No comments:

Post a Comment