We went on a Big Bear cabin trip earlier this year and I was determined to find a way to make crispy chicken wings. However, I hate deep frying so I did a google search to see if I can find a way to bake the wings. Do the wings compare to wings you might get at a Buffalo Wild Wings or similar restaurant? Absolutely! These wings are easy, delicious, and perfectly crispy! Now I can enjoy one of my favorite comfort foods at home.
Recipe Adapted from Just A Taste
~2 lbs chicken wings (about 20 wings, I prefer all "mid joint pieces")
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top of it, set aside
3. Clean the wings and pat dry with paper towels, place in a bowl
4. Drizzle some olive oil on the wings (~ 1/2 to 1 tablespoon)
5. Lightly season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Toss the chicken wings to coat well and place them on the baking sheet, "pretty side down"
7. Bake for 25 minutes, flip all the wings over, and continue baking for another 25 minutes
8. The house will smell amazing and the wings will be perfectly crispy! Toss in your favorite wing sauce and enjoy! Today, I tossed mine in premade Frank's buffalo wings sauce.